Finance information, terms & conditions available here: www.theautolounge.co.uk/finance/
The below information are our general terms and conditions for buyers and sellers of vehicles from The Auto Lounge Limited.
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to Scots Law.
Buying with us
- The vehicle will only be released once full cleared funds have been received by The Auto Lounge Ltd.
- The seller’s funds will be transferred via bank transfer at the point of handover. To protect all parties, where the buyer has the right to reject the vehicle within 14 days, legal title will be returned to the seller and funds will be returned to the purchaser.
- The holding deposit will be held against the vehicle’s full price & as a legal undertaking by the purchaser to complete the sale with full payment within 7 days. Should that undertaking fail, The Auto Lounge Ltd view the contract as breached and can retain the part payment. This term does not apply where the consumer has the statutory right of a cooling off period.
- All ‘distance sale’ consumer purchases have a 14-day cooling off period in which the client has the legal right to inform us if they no longer wish to keep the vehicle. Where a client has this right, we will issue them with the required information prior to completion of the contract.
- The Auto Lounge retains the right to deduct an amount for use of the vehicle and for any reduction in value due to damage to the vehicle.
- The client is liable for any transport costs should they wish to return the vehicle within the 14-day cooling off period.
- The maximum cash we will accept is the equivalent of 10,000EUR as per anti money laundering regulations.
- At the time of handover, the insurance risk will be the purchaser’s, or their appointed shipping/transport agent. From the point of handover, no further risk will be held by The Auto Lounge Ltd or the seller.
Selling with us
- The Auto Lounge Ltd has been mandated by the owner to sell and transfer ownership of this vehicle once full cleared funds are received.
- The vehicle will be insured under the trade policy of The Auto Lounge Ltd, however the owner (known as “the seller”) must also retain fully comprehensive insurance whilst the vehicle is in our care.
- The seller must ensure that they have clear legal title of the vehicle and that they remain the legal title holder until cleared payments has been received by the seller.
- The Auto Lounge Ltd will sell your vehicle on a consignment basis, we will contact you to discuss any offers and review the marketed price should the vehicle not generate sufficient interest.
- The Auto Lounge Ltd will negotiate on your behalf to ensure the best deal and contact you for authorisation prior to the conclusion of a sale.
- The Auto Lounge Ltd will agree a selling fee, with the seller, which will be discussed verbally and/or listed on the Consignment Agreement Form. This fee includes all marketing, advertising, insurance, sales costs and The Auto Lounge acting on your behalf to negotiate and agree a deal.
- Any remedial/repair work required (up to a value of £250) to bring the vehicle up to a standard suitable for sale will also be deducted and a breakdown given in your invoice, provided along with the balance of funds, to your chosen account.
- If the vehicle requires extensive work (upwards of £250) prior to sale this can be arranged by us but must be paid when the work is carried out.
- The seller’s funds will be transferred via bank transfer at the point of handover. Or, where the buyer has the statutory right of a 14 day cooling off period then the funds will be transferred after this period has elapsed. To protect all parties, where applicable, should the buyer return the vehicle within 14 day cooling off period, legal title will be returned to the seller and funds will be returned to the purchaser.
- If a sale does not proceed because the owner chooses to remove the car from market The Auto Lounge reserves the right to invoice for costs associated with advertising, vehicle preparation and any agreed remedial/maintenance work carried out to that point in time.